Still not convinced in the power of online videos as part of your marketing mix? Here’s some recent online video stats that everyone should be aware of:
• A recent white paper released by Forbes on “Video in the C-Suite” found that more than 75% of C-Suite Executives surveyed said they watch work-related videos on business-related websites at least weekly, and 65% report visiting a vendor’s website after watching their online video
• Forbes Insight found that 59% of senior executives prefer to watch video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page, and 80% are watching more online video today than they were a year ago (Forbes Insight, December 2010)
• Video use in email marketing has been shown to increase click-through rates by over 96% (Implix 2010 Email Marketing Trends Survey)
• With proper optimization, online videos are 53 times more likely to appear on page-one Google results than conventional web pages (Forrester, January 2010)
• In December 2010, the average American spent more than 14 hours watching online videos (a 12 % increase from the prior year) and streamed a record 201 videos (an 8% increase) – comScore
• According to a 2010 report from Cisco, it’s predicted by 2013 that 90% of Internet traffic will be video
• A minute of video is worth 1.8 million words according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research
• The usage of online video among the 100 leading retailers increased by 18% between Q4 2009 and Q4 2010 – eMarketer
• Retail site visitors who view video stay 2-minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to make a purchase that other site visitors (comScore, August 2010)
The biggest advantages of online video marketing is that it saves your visitors time understanding what you have to offer. The combination of visual and auditory input also helps you to communicate on a more emotional level than words alone can do. Now is the time to use the power of this dynamic medium to show and tell what you can do for your target audience. If you don’t you can bet your competition will!
Posted by Frank Isca Frank has been key to establishing Weidert Group as an inbound marketing leader over his 10+ years with the agency. He has a knack for using technology to amplify smart marketing strategies, and a deep knowledge of SEO and content promotion, exceptional project management skills, and a thorough understanding of HubSpot's marketing and sales products.